Laptop running windows 10 is beyond slow!

dogluver

I don't know was HDD and SSD are? I know, I'm clueless with all this technical stuff. Also, do you know anything about the links posted to uninstall Norton? I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and it won't be done correctly. I need step by step directions. Also, what do I do when Malwarebytes expires?

texasbullet

Ramon
I don't know was HDD and SSD are? I know, I'm clueless with all this technical stuff. Also, do you know anything about the links posted to uninstall Norton? I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and it won't be done correctly. I need step by step directions. Also, what do I do when Malwarebytes expires?
The difference between HDD and SSD are explained in this video.
To uninstall Norton just go to your control panel and under apps search for Norton and click on it and just select uninstall. Remove all applications from norton in the applications.
When your Malwarebytes is about to expire you can just renew it online.

dogluver

I'm finally back. I uninstalled Norton and now I'm getting pop-ups telling me to download the latest update. It's deleted!! Also, it's not much faster. Does anyone know anything about the question I asked about something called "debloating"? I read about it online. Anything else I could try without spending more money?

dogluver

I tried to download the uninstaller and I didn't see what the video showed. It said it wasn't a Microsoft verified app. What did I do wrong?

dogluver

I've spent countless hours trying to find this download. I clicked the one from the author's site. Here is the screenshot. I'm not seeing glasswire. Where's the special education class!!!! When I closed that message there was only this to click:
NRnR (6).exe
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

1590595317266.png

I don't want to add to the confusion you seem to be feeling but I thought I might clarify one thing which is that Norton Remove and Reinstall. exe is the official tool provided by Symantec. The version I have seen is 4.5.0.84 and is 12.1 MB in size so, if your download is the same, it is probably the real deal.

I know nothing about Windows 10 or how it functions but, if the number of icons shown in your screenshot represent programs that are open or running in the background, it may have something to do with why you think the computer is slow.

Just re-read #28 from which it appears that you haven't yet been able to download the tool successfully. If you go here; https://support.eset.com/en/kb146-uninstallers-removal-tools-for-common-windows-antivirus-software you should be able to get the tool.

I should explain that this is a web page maintained by ESET who themselves provide security software but you don't need to be a customer of theirs to use it. There is an alphabetical list of the tools that are available, so you just click on the 'N'or scroll down the page.

dogluver

Thank you everyone! I just want to be able to get Norton removed!! This won't uninstall Malwarebytes I hope? I paid for that.

A tool specifically designed for Symantec products shouldn't do anything to any other program(s) you have installed.

I don't know might happen if you decided to try Eset's own general remover, which is mentioned at the top of the page I provided the link for, but I assumed you were only interested in the Symantec one mentioned in earlier posts, NRnR.exe.

dogluver

I still can't find the link to uninstall Norton. When I clicked it, it said the page that you are looking for is unavailable. I don't know what to do.

I still can't find the link to uninstall Norton. When I clicked it, it said the page that you are looking for is unavailable. I don't know what to do.
Hi Dogluver, What browser do you use? examples of a browser are Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge. If your using Google Chrome try using a different browser such as edge or Firefox or if your using Firefox try one of the other browsers to download your link to Norton removal tools. If none of the browsers work to download the tool you can try adjusting your browser settings to allow the link. First I would need to know which browser your using so I can provide better assistance to you. I will provide step by step instructions with screen shots to adjust the settings in the chosen browser to add the link to the list of trusted sites.

If adjusting the settings in the browser does not work you can try adjusting the security settings for malware bytes and/or Norton if it is still installed. Malware bytes or Norton could be blocking the download. You can also try disabling your security and firewall settings temporarily and try accessing the link again.

If that doesn't work the link to the tool may have been either modified or is no longer available for use.

You can also try disabling the services that use Norton and other security programs that you don't want by clicking start, type run, type services.msc and disabling the security programs.

Based on what I read, I believe you have old traces of other antivirus programs that may contain a firewall. These programs will conflict even if only traces of older antivirus programs are installed. I think Revo uninstaller would be a great program that will help you remove old traces of other types of security programs. If you would like to try Revo Uninstaller to remove traces of other security programs, please respond and I can provide instructions to use Revo Uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller can help you scan for traces of old programs that you specify and thoroughly remove them for you.
Please follow the link below to a free trial of Revo Pro Uninstaller.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-pro/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts