Laptop running windows 10 is beyond slow!

I have had the page I linked to bookmarked for many years and it did start to give trouble recently until I 'found' it again. I assume you are in the USA but don't think that should affect the validity of the link I posted.

If Hermitt43's link doesn't work for you, you could always try Eset's US website; https://www.eset.com/us/# and type 'KB146' into its 'Search' box

Last edited:

dogluver

I've been using google chrome. I've clicked many links and keep seeing "eset anti-virus removal. I just want to remove Norton. I'm so afraid that Malwarebytes will be removed. I'll try another browser. Don't know what else to do.

Hi Dogluver, please read my post on page two and click the link to download Revo Uninstaller. That will scan and remove traces of Norton and old antivirus programs.

dogluver

I tried firefox and can't get glasswire to come up like the video shows. I think that's what I need to remove Norton, but can't get it. I guess I'll try edge no.

I tried firefox and can't get glasswire to come up like the video shows. I think that's what I need to remove Norton, but can't get it. I guess I'll try edge no.
Hi Dogluver, If using the Edge browser doesn't work than the link is no longer valid. I think that if you use the Edge browser to download Revo Uninstaller Pro free trial you should be able to remove Norton Security and traces of McAfee entirely and than use the disk cleaner tool to speed up your computer. I can provide step by step instructions with screen clips if you want to try it.

dogluver

Thanks everyone! I'm just scared Malewarebytes will be removed also if I do your suggestions. Then what do I do?

Thanks everyone! I'm just scared Malewarebytes will be removed also if I do your suggestions. Then what do I do?
Hi Dogluver, Malwarebytes will not be removed unless you specify it to be removed if you decide to use Revo Uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller will only remove programs and their traces if you specify it by having Revo uninstaller scan and remove only software that you want. For example, if you type the word Norton Security in the Revo search bar it will only scan your computer for Norton and traces of Norton only. You do not have to worry about it removing malewarebytes.

Rest assured! :)

dogluver

Hi Dogluver, Malwarebytes will not be removed unless you specify it to be removed if you decide to use Revo Uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller will only remove programs and their traces if you specify it by having Revo uninstaller scan and remove only software that you want. For example, if you type the word Norton Security in the Revo search bar it will only scan your computer for Norton and traces of Norton only. You do not have to worry about it removing malewarebytes.

Hi Dogluver, If using the Edge browser doesn't work than the link is no longer valid. I think that if you use the Edge browser to download Revo Uninstaller Pro free trial you should be able to remove Norton Security and traces of McAfee entirely and than use the disk cleaner tool to speed up your computer. I can provide step by step instructions with screen clips if you want to try it.

Thank you so much! I feel much better now. I'm going to do it now.

dogluver

How do I download Revo when I clicked open and the message said it wasn't a microsoft-verified app. Would should I do? Is it risky to download anyway?

Last edited:
What are you using to download the app? You can just download it anyway. It does not have to be a Microsoft App. If your using Microsoft App store, please switch to a browser of your choice such as Edge, Google or Firefox and if your computer says its not a verified Microsoft App just select run anyway and follow the steps of the wizard to download the program. Next open explorer by typing the word file explorer in the search that resembles a magnifying glass next to the start menu, or click the Windows icon and use the search at the bottom and click downloads. Right click the application and select properties and un-check block and then click okay to close the program. Next, you will need to right click to open the program and select run as administrator from the drop down list and follow the prompts and instructions of the wizard.

If you need visual aides as a guide to locate file explorer please let me you and I will provide screen clips with step by step instructions.

I no longer have the Pro-version installed so I am sending you a link to show you how to use the program to remove Norton Security and traces of the program. There are video tutorials listed to show users how to use the Revo Uninstaller program below. Please follow the link below.

Revo Un-Installer Pro

Last edited:

dogluver

Thanks so much for all your help. I still have this showing up, after I thought I removed everything "Norton".

1591630928870.png

Thanks so much for all your help. I still have this showing up, after I thought I removed everything "Norton".

View attachment 277825
Was Norton Security Preinstalled on your computer or part of a contract program through your internet provider or computer manufacturer? If so it may have been reinstalled by the contractor.

If that is not the case; did you open Revo Uninstaller and use it to scan Norton? It appears that you installed Revo Uninstaller on your desktop. Did you right click and select "Run as Administrator"? If so you first need to go to the "remove programs" tab and select the program you want to remove and remove it. Next, you want to scan for traces of Norton to thoroughly remove the program. Revo Uninstaller will not run by itself or automatically remove programs that are unwanted. You need to open the program and select the software to remove and click remove.

Dogluver, Which browser do you normally prefer? I want to ensure I provide the right type of assistance to you for a better experience.

Dogluver, please refer to the video below and use "Forced Uninstaller" This is the best I can do for you since we are not permitted to use remote access even with your permission because Tech Guy does not allow it. The Video below is a Windows Seven tutorial but will work for Windows 10 as well.
How to uninstall any program using Revo Uninstaller

Last edited:

dogluver

Norton came with Comcast internet. So it was already installed. I don't have a desktop anymore, just a laptop. I think I ran it as administrator. Can't remember! I've been super busy since I just retired. I like using google chrome.

Thanks for the video. I'm going to watch it today and hope I could finally get rid of everything "Norton". Oh, I didn't see how to scan for traces of Norton. Hopefully I can find it.

Thanks for all your help!!

Norton came with Comcast internet. So it was already installed. I don't have a desktop anymore, just a laptop. I think I ran it as administrator. Can't remember! I've been super busy since I just retired. I like using google chrome.

Thanks for the video. I'm going to watch it today and hope I could finally get rid of everything "Norton". Oh, I didn't see how to scan for traces of Norton. Hopefully I can find it.

Thanks for all your help!!
Hi Dogluver, I hope it works in your favor. If the tutorial does not help, please contact your Internet Service Provider and ask for additional assistance to remove Norton, Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online