1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop says Windows hasn't been acivated.....

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by heinz86, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. heinz86

heinz86 Thread Starter

Hi guys.
    My Dell laptop (using Windows 10 software) started playing up today and wouldn't turn on without saying it was diagnosing (this is after updating before it switched off the last time) and going to an Automatic Repair Screen. So I clicked Auto Repair but than my laptop said it couldn't do this. The 2 options it gave were shut Down to turn off or Advanced Options.
    I chose Advanced Options which allowed me to troubleshoot and gave me the options of resetting my computer and keeping all my files but deleting my apps. I thought this was the best option so chose it.
    Long story short, now my laptop is back up and running, I tried opening Word but a pop-up window told me that there was an Error preventing it from working correctly. Repair Now? I clicked on this option and it told me that Windows had not been activated and that I needed to do this before setting (or re-setting up) up Office.
    But when I went into my Settings and chose Update and Security and then Activation i told me that Window is activated with a digital licence linked to this MS account.

I'm not very tech savvy at all and I probably have't given you enough detail but ANY help you could give would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sounds like it may be asking for the Product Key for Microsoft Office (Word).

3. heinz86

heinz86 Thread Starter

I thought that but there's no option to enter it in (even though I'm not sure where I would find it as I've checked my emails already), it seems more like a statement, if you get me. But thank you, I will continue on this path and see if I can find the activation key from when I bought the laptop.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. heinz86

heinz86 Thread Starter

thank you!!!! much appreciated :)

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice