1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop screen and notebook cpu freeze???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jellycactus, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jellycactus

jellycactus Thread Starter

hello,

My hp omnibook 6100 freezes while booting, sometimes afterwards, sometimes after an hour of use, etc. The screen becomes frozen with a jumbled display. The hard drive also freezes. If I wiggle the screen, sometimes it will unfreeze for a bit (both the screen and the hard drive). Is this simply ashorted out wire connecting the screen and cpu, or is it maybe something larger? please help, please.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have any warranty on the unit - you may want to double check because it doesn't sound good at this point.

3. jellycactus

no warranty. I bought it on an auction website a few years ago. Do you reommend having someone open it up and see if it is just a loose connection? Preferable someone who knows how to do these things?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well you can make sure that the CPU fan is working and then the RAM and hard drive are firmly connected. These are easy to get to as you usually just have to open up a small panel on the side or bottom to access these.

You can also test your RAM with this testor: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

5. jellycactus

The fan is definitely working, if it freezes while the fan is running, it continues running while everything else is frozen. I'll have to check the hard drive to see if that is loose. I can't follow the url and check the ram because the notebook has been freezing a lot, and I had to force it to shut down.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice