Laptop Screen Broken or Graphics Card Fault?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Misfit45

Hi,

Please can someone help me.

A friend of mine has sent me a photo of his laptop (as attached). Does anyone know if this is the screen that is broken or could it be something else maybe, like the Graphics Card.

The only information that he has been able to give me is, that his daughter was using Google and then this happened.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Misfit

Attachments

Try re seating the Ram.

When I had that type of image, it was because the pc had been jarred during cleaning.

Triple6

Rob
And the easy way to rule out the screen is to connect the laptop to an external monitor. If it displays the same issue then its not the screen or any the screen's cabling. If it works fine on the external screen then the video card is OK and the problem is with the screen or cable.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
There is usually a ribbon cable between the motherboard and the screen. The plug into the motherboard sometimes comes loose. Try reseating it. You may have to remove the keyboard and the top plinth to get at it.

Misfit45

Thanks all,

I have spoken to my friend and he has reseated the Ram, but just gets the pictures (as attached).

I will get him to plug a monitor in to see if it that and will let you all know.

Thank you

Misfit

Attachments

Misfit45

Hi Dave,

Not yet, I have just got these messages and have text him a couple of minutes ago, so I will get him to try the external monitor first, if not that, then I will get him to try the cable.

Once I know what he has tried and what works I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks all,

I have spoken to my friend and he has reseated the Ram, but just gets the pictures (as attached).

I will get him to plug a monitor in to see if it that and will let you all know.

Thank you

Misfit
That picture is indicative of either bad Ram or seating.

Since your friend has re seated the Ram, if other suggestions don't work, test the Ram - let it run for at least one hour. http://www.memtest86.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online