Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop Screen Broken or Graphics Card Fault?

798 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  PSCO2007 
#1 ·
Hi,

Please can someone help me.

A friend of mine has sent me a photo of his laptop (as attached). Does anyone know if this is the screen that is broken or could it be something else maybe, like the Graphics Card.

The only information that he has been able to give me is, that his daughter was using Google and then this happened.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Misfit

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
And the easy way to rule out the screen is to connect the laptop to an external monitor. If it displays the same issue then its not the screen or any the screen's cabling. If it works fine on the external screen then the video card is OK and the problem is with the screen or cable.

#7 ·
Hi Dave,

Not yet, I have just got these messages and have text him a couple of minutes ago, so I will get him to try the external monitor first, if not that, then I will get him to try the cable.

Once I know what he has tried and what works I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

#8 ·
Thanks all,

I have spoken to my friend and he has reseated the Ram, but just gets the pictures (as attached).

I will get him to plug a monitor in to see if it that and will let you all know.

Thank you

Misfit
That picture is indicative of either bad Ram or seating.

Since your friend has re seated the Ram, if other suggestions don't work, test the Ram - let it run for at least one hour. http://www.memtest86.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.