1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen distortion

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ramone_32, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ramone_32

ramone_32 Thread Starter

the right side of my laptop screen has become distorted over the past couple days. the best way i can describe it is fuzzy. it seems to be getting worse all the time it started out in the lower right corner and has worked its way up the side of the screen. any ideas?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Welcome! :)

The only thing that I can remember from past experience is that the lcd is starting to go bad. Which notebook is it? And is it in warranty?

3. ramone_32

ramone_32 Thread Starter

its a house brand from accessmicro.com and no unfortunatly the warrenty has expired

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I believe that the monitor is going faulty. And the price for a LCD is about the same as a new notebook.

Actually one test you can do is to check the video card by connecting a monitor to the external VGA port.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice