1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop screen flashes colors

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CDR2089, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDR2089

CDR2089 Thread Starter

Best way I can explain the flashes is that I get this pink/blue/reddish mess of a whole lot of colors on my screen. It literally happens in seconds and flashes, sometimes it recurs and other times it won't. Where the colors are also changes, sometimes about 40% of my screen flashes this mess of colors, other times less or it appears as lines. I have no idea what it is

However, if I could draw a similarity, it's sorta like the mess of colors you get on your screen if its broken/damaged. No shape or pattern, just a lot of colors. Though, my screen isn't broken or damaged (It's actually working fine as I type this, for instance) hence my loss of what it could be

I'd also like to add that this occurred specifically while I was playing an online game. Though in addition to that I'd also like to point out that a minor version of it appeared when I restarted my computer and it loaded into Windows

So I'm pretty lost as to what it is. Any ideas? Really hoping its nothing that will cripple my laptop completely -_-

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

That sounds a bit like either the video cable is badly connected or the graphics chip is suffering from the well known "ball grid array" problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice