1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Screen flickers and sometimes totally goes out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by titoman, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titoman

titoman Thread Starter

Couple weeks ago, the lcd screen on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite M40X) started flickering, put usually a tap on the screen would stop it... but now the flickering won't stop, and sometimes the screen freezes in a flickering position and so all in all, it's useless right now...

Is there any way to fix this problem??? I really don't have any money to spend,
    i have taken apart my laptop before so i think i can take apart the lcd if there is any way to replace it...

Thanks for the help!

2. titoman

titoman Thread Starter

Also, i'm thinkin of reseating the connection cable i dunno if that would help... i dont wanna open the laptop just to find out that flickring has nothin to do with reseating... If that would help, on this diagram, do i reseat the cable pointed with the red arrow on the top in the middle... I dunno what the 2 skinny cables that go into the screen on the left

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice