1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen is it broken or bad connector?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ghengis63, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ghengis63

Ghengis63 Thread Starter

My Dell 5577 gaming laptop has started giving me problems with the matte LCD screen. I carry this comp in my backpack, and i have either trashed the screen or the connections.
    When it first started acting up i could push with my thumb on the screen near the hinge and it would work fine as long as i didn't move it.
    The screen is a pale white and when i fiddle with it it wil come to life with horizontal lines flashes and a complete screen that fades to white.
    I can get a new screen for 50 bucks plush shipping but thought id try here to see if anyone else has had this prob.
    Keep up the good work!

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The problem could be the cable between motherboard and screen. The cable should be much cheaper than a new screen and could be available on Ebay.

3. Ghengis63

Ghengis63 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I will find that cable and try it before replacing the screen. I'll let you know.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice