laptop screen not staying on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charsand

I am having problem with my Dell Inspiron1100 Laptop. It will not stay on after powering up. The screen goes on up until welcome and than goes off. If I move the top it will flash on for a few seconds (screen shows that it is loading) and than screen goes blank However lights show that computer is still powering up. This happens with A/C cord connected and also on battery only.:confused:

what have change on the laptop prior to problem did you install any software or updated any drivers ? first thing you should do is to follow this

# If the system is already on, shutdown the system normally, wait 30 seconds, then power it back on.
# Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.
# Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
# The system will now boot into Safe Mode.
# On Windows XP, you may receive a prompt asking if you really want to boot into Safe Mode. Choose Yes.
# Once Windows has booted into Safe Mode, open your antivirus program using the Start | Programs menu and run a complete virus scan

charsand

what have change on the laptop prior to problem did you install any software or updated any drivers ? first thing you should do is to follow this

# If the system is already on, shutdown the system normally, wait 30 seconds, then power it back on.
# Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.
# Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
# The system will now boot into Safe Mode.
# On Windows XP, you may receive a prompt asking if you really want to boot into Safe Mode. Choose Yes.
# Once Windows has booted into Safe Mode, open your antivirus program using the Start | Programs menu and run a complete virus scan
Thank you for your reply. I cannot do this as the screen will not stay on after powering up. It shows windows loading and that XP and than screen shuts off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online