Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop screen not turning on

708 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  phillpower2 
#1 · (Edited)
After leaving my Toshiba Satellite running on my bed on a particularly hot day last summer, the screen won't boot up when I turn it on. The screen remains off while the power lights, fan, drive, all seem to power on and run.

I have tried rebooting it by removing the battery and then turning it on again but it still doesn't work. I'm really looking for someone who can guide me through some troubleshooting so I can figure out what's wrong.

*edit* I forgot to mention I have also tried plugging in other screens and it does not boot up on them either.

#2 ·
Hello BambooforPanda,

It is possible that something fried in the heat, can you tell us the exact model of Toshiba Satellite you have so we can do some research, some examples here

*edit* I forgot to mention I have also tried plugging in other screens and it does not boot up on them either.
When you tried this did you press down the Fn and F5 keys at the same time to toggle between displays.

#4 ·
I didn't toggle the displays but I wasn't the only one who looked at it, someone else might have known to do that.
Doesn't help any so at least try it for us now.

It doesnt make any windows startup noise either
Did it normally give out a single beep when it started up, if yes, with the main battery and AC adaptor removed press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, remove the RAM as detailed on pages 4-37 and 4-38 of your user manual which you can get from here connect only the AC adaptor, power up the notebook to see if you get any error beeps with the RAM removed then post back with an update for us.

If the computer never gave out a single beep on boot, do all of the above but instead try swapping the RAM around in the slots.

Be sure to take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case or a radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.