1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop screen not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dk0019, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dk0019

Dk0019 Thread Starter

A few days ago, I dropped my laptop from less than 12 inches over the carpet. It landed on its corner. Since then, the screen won't turn on. There is no physical damage to the screen or the casing. There have been a couple of times where I was able to get it to turn on by using a paper clip to press the reset button or holding shift and f8 while I press the power button. Neither of these solutions work the first time. When I am able to get it to turn on, the screen looks perfectly fine. There are no visible problems with the colors. The only other problem related is that the backlit keyboard won't turn off when the laptop is closed. The computer works fine otherwise.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Obviously somewhere a damaged or loosened connection
    both to the screen circuitry and the keyboard illumination
    Unless you are familiar with dismantling laptops I regret to say it is foolish to try and you need to seek professional help, albeit that of course will cost.
    You may decide on getting a ballpark estimate that, depending on the age of the laptop it is unworthy of such expenditure

The best I can offer, if I can find it is the service/replacement parts manual for your laptop
    What is the make and full model.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice