1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen on normal pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cosmoe, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmoe

Cosmoe Thread Starter

Ok I havent done much research on this or anything and obviously dont know much about it but, is it possible to hook a norm pc up to a laptop screen? I'm not talking about using video ins or anything on a laptop to do this, i mean by taking the screen off the laptop and maybe splicing the wires to make it work on a pc. Is there an adapter of some sort i would need to get?
    Thanks for the help in advance
    -Cosmoe

2. Rockn

Rockn

If you also took the inverter out of the laptop I am sure you could ger it to work. It will not connect directly to the outpu of a PC video card.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi Cosmoe

Probably more trouble than its worth. The laptop screen will need some way to convert the analog signal from the video card back to a digital signal (that's how LCD flat screens work). You would need to find out the input pins, signals and voltages that the Lcd uses. Just tieing a few wires together probably won't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice