1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen only works at certain angle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lee86, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lee86

lee86 Thread Starter

Screen only works when the lids open in a certain angle which is causing me problems, it goes completely white and flickers, my guess is a loose connection, warrantys run out so wonderd if its something i can do. hp pavillion dv7-2215sa thanks in advance

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If you arent able to do it yourself take it somewhere and see how much it would cost to have it done.

3. lee86

lee86 Thread Starter

was kinda looking to do it myself, near xmas and all :p is there much involved and is that the problem? cheers

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Ive never tried to repair a screen but i know its not easy to do. Theres so many parts involved that if you dont know what your doing you can make things worse.Im going to assume to start with something has come loose and go from there.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Be careful and you should be able to do this if you are good with your hands.

This guide will give you an idea of what's involved :- http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/

The Video cable shown in Step 10 could be damaged or loose, that could cause the problem you have. Also check that the other end of this cable has a good connection in it's socket.

Ebay.co.uk has some replacement cables :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...5698&rt=nc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

6. lee86

lee86 Thread Starter

thanks mate il look in to it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice