1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop screen turns black repeatedly.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wonopon12, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wonopon12

wonopon12 Thread Starter

I need Urgent help please. I have Windows Vista Home Premium x64 on a Gateway laptop. Whenever my recharger is plugged in to my laptop, and I try to use my laptop, the screen goes very dark (you can still sort of see, but its really dark to even work with the laptop). This happens about 5-10 seconds after I open my laptop's screen. In order to get rid of the darkness, I close the laptop's screen, reopen it, and 5-10 seconds later the screen goes black again. When I do not have my recharger plugged in, this problem won't happen. I also tried System Restore, which failed. However, when I go on Safe Mode, the problem does not occur even with the recharger plugged in. By closing the laptop screen, I mean taking the head (idk whats its called) and putting it down and picking the head back up. I really appreciate the help guys, I really need to get my laptop working again. For any other information about the laptop required, please ask. Thanks! :)

2. vicks

vicks

Hi and welcome to TSG forums.
    What is the model number of your computer?
    There should be a way to increase the brightness of the lap top screen, but we need the model number to access a manual to tell you how to do that. Some computers have a key that will do it, others you need to use a key combination.
    Vicks

3. wonopon12

wonopon12 Thread Starter

The model number is : MD2614u. The brightness is fine when the computer just opens up, but after a few seconds the screen turns black out of nowhere. I have to close the laptop cap and open it again. When I do, the laptop's screen looks normal, but after a few seconds, the screen will turn black again. I try moving my mouse and pressing random buttons on the keyboard, nothing works.

4. vicks

vicks

Check this.....click on the Start Sphere>Control Panel>(if classic view) power options. You can set the power options there for when to dim, power off etc there, both for when on battery and when on power.
    See if this works.
    Post back and let us know how it goes...
    Vicks

5. wonopon12

wonopon12 Thread Starter

Does not work, I've tried this before.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice