1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen turns white and flickers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alexpeach, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

My Asus x54l screen turns white and flickers I don't use it anymore because of this. THE STORY: one day I cracked it in a couple months later it started turning white and screens now it usually is just white I thought I just might need to buy a new screen but I'm not sure What do you think?

Thanks

2. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

Sorry for the bad description.

3. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

Somewhere online it said i just need to update my graphics card driver I'm not sure but i will try it :/

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    It could be too many problems to solve. Maybe the cable that connects to your monitor got damaged too. Your video card might have been damaged too or maybe the motherboard might have a thin haired crack somewhere. I also have a computer with this problem and I already replaced the LED Monitor without any luck at all.

5. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

Well i don't think its a thin crack in the motherboard because when i cracked the screen on the laptop i didn't drop it the screen Just got bent too far and cracked and i don't know how the graphics card could get damaged my bet is the cable that connects to my monitor. Are those replaceable?

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    At the least you will need to replace or have replaced the screen. A cracked LCD Screen can be completely dead or just partially dead. The only real way to fix it is screen replacement.

7. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

Ok 'dustyjay.' I will buy a new screen on amazon but last time I tried that the brand new screen came cracked right out of the box

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then return it or demand a refund.

9. Alexpeach

Alexpeach Thread Starter

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice