1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen used as second monitor on PC, w10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nichos, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Hi,

My second monitor worked OK as dual but, unfortunately recently packed up .

How to get the screen of the old Laptop HP CQ61 Pressario as second screen to my PC ?.

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800 (400mhz) PC2-6400, EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX Seagate sata 500gb, Corsair TX750M Psu, X45, W10

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    No easy way to do it. The HP CQ61 only has a VGA output video connector; no video inputs. A solution would be a USB based video capture device with an input to match whatever was driving the second monitor.

3. alanbaker05

alanbaker05

4. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Sorry but, I am not looking to buy a screen, can't afford one, that is why I tried to use my old laptop's screen, but it does not work.

And cannot find the :-"USB based video capture device with an input to match whatever was driving the second monitor" that was suggested to me on earlier post.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Here is an example of a USB based video capture device for an HDMI based video source. This is not a recommendation for any particular product, manufacturer, or vendor.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...=USB_video_capture-_-9SIABV76TX5252-_-Product

Any USB based capture device would require that the laptop be working. If the laptop is not working and you wish to use the LCD panel that is in it, you will find that designing and making the electronics to use it as a computer monitor will cost much more than just purchasing a new monitor.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice