1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sarastothard, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarastothard

sarastothard Thread Starter

Hi,

My laptop seems to be working fine apart from when i switch it on the screen is dark, i can see the files on my desktop, but it basically looks like my screen is blank, at the moment i've managed to hook up the laptop to a friends monitor, so i can see what i'm doing, can anyone tell me has something broken and is it likely to be replaceable, and also wondered if anyone had an idea of cost
    my laptop is a patriot 6001
    G553 series
    512mb

TIA
    Sara

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

It seems from your description that the backlight to your LCD screen has burned out. This can be fixed, but at a pretty high price. You'd have to replace the schole screen, which is fairly easy to do, but it can run an average of $200-250 just for the part, assuming you do it yourself. If you were to buy the screen, it wouldn't be very hard for someone to talk you through it as long as you had a digital camera. =)

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice