1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop shows nothing, but power button On

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by goch1988, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goch1988

goch1988 Thread Starter

I have a brand new Sony Vaio, which I just bought a month ago.

There's this problem with it whereby after I shut down/hibernate, the next time/day I want to turn on my PC, the power button shows that it is on, but there's no display on the LCD Screen.

I have no choice but to force shut down (press power button for 4 secs) and then turn on my PC again. The 2nd time, it will power up like usual, the LCD displays boot screen again and everything work well (except that each time I do that, my windows time is reset to Jan. 2005 12.00AM)

Would it be something wrong with my BIOS?

I hope someone can help me with that, because it is sort of annoying at times and frequent force shut down may harm the PC I believe.

Thanks in advance!

Here's my specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ35G
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz)
    nVidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU
    4GB RAM
    200GB HDD

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/728740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice