Laptop shut down and won't boot up. Blue screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rayrae

Hey guys, so my laptop shut down last night after it reached critical level (it didn't warn me about the battery level and I forgot to keep checking) and it hasn't been booting up properly since then.

I have a Lenovo T61p and I just bought it recently secondhand. It runs on Windows 7 and the OS was recently installed.

When I turn it on all the lights come on, I can hear it whirring, and the think pad and windows logo plays as normal. I am able to access the Advanced boot options menu when I tap f8, but if I dont, it shows me the blue screen and a Windows Error recovery message and recommends I choose startup repair.

When I choose that it tells me that startup repair cannot find a reason for the problem and that windows cannot repair the computer automatically. It tells me to unplug any external devices (which I have, I removed a USB that was in it when it shut down)

I've tried running the Chkdsk /f prompt (blue screen tells me to) for the C drive and D drive.
I've tried removing the battery and plugging it in but that doesn't change anything.
I've tried changing the boot order but that doesn't work either.

I'm feeling frustrated over this. Ive tried googling but I'm getting confused and I think I'm going around in circles. Is it a virus or a problem with the laptop itself? If anybody knows how to fix this it I would be So so grateful!! Thank you!

Attachments

plodr

Liz
First screen shows stop error 7B
Causes of this error are: device drivers, viruses, data corruption or hardware.
Source: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-stop-0x0000007b-errors-2624109

Second screen shows that is is checking X:windows\system32
Most unusual to have Windows installed on X. It should be C.

the OS was recently installed
What was on it when you purchased it secondhand?

How was Windows 7 installed? Where did you obtain the DVD? What version of 7 and is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Did you make an image before you installed a different operating system?

This model shows the OS as Vista.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online