Laptop shuts down unexpectedly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulholdstock

I have an Acer Aspire 5720Z which keeps shutting down unexpectedly.
I have tried changing the hard drive and Ram, even different operating systems, but the problem keeps happening. I dont think its heat related as it can occur within minutes of switch on.
i have a bought a new mains adaptor, but it still happens whether on mains or battrey power.
Anyone got any ideas??

etaf

Wayne
I dont think its heat related as it can occur within minutes of switch on.
Heat occurs in mins on the CPU - if the fan is blocked or not spinning - it will shut down very quickly

paulholdstock

Brilliant, dont know why I didnt check but CPU fan not moving, obviously the cause.
Thanks for idea, I'll let you know when I change it if its OK.
Can't thank you enough

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online