1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop shuts down when 100% fully charged

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ronno, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronno

ronno Thread Starter

Laptop shuts down when 100% fully charged
    My IBM Lenovo R60e power shutsdown when fully recharged. I have to unplug the power cord to reboot the laptop. If I leave the power cord plugged in it won't restart. Once the battery is not fully charged it will allow me to plug the cord back in.

Can someone help as this is getting very annoying.
    Please help

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

You may want to read the rules prohibiting posting the same problem to multiple forums.

3. Panicxz

Panicxz

Maybe it's something with the battery. This might sound weird but, I have an iPaq, and everytime it gets fully charged, it just resets itself.

I don't know, I'd recommend you to go to some IBM store and get the battery checked, or even get a new one. I don't think the problem is on the OS itself.

4. ronno

ronno Thread Starter

Thanks it is worth a try any other suggestions?

5. sayhi2shefali

sayhi2shefali

Look ronno i also think the same as earlier said..i dont think that its a prob with os(may b so but i am not saying that 100%).You should chek it first.It happens many a times that after full charging devices restart itself.

6. ronno

ronno Thread Starter

Thanks, I figure it must be a setting. There is a Thinkvantage Software product that i figure a setting would have to be changed, but now i must figure out where the setting is.

7. ronno

ronno Thread Starter

Still shutting down when laptop is fully charged with AC adapter. The laptop will only turn on if I unplug the ac adapter from the back for the computer. Starting to get very frustrating.. Any other suggestions?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice