Laptop smokes when charger is plugged in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eoincruiser

Hi all, i have a Medion MIM2320, MD96654 and all of a sudden it turned off and smoke came out of near where the charger is plugged in so i took the charger out and it stopped smoking, i was able to turn the laptop on again with no problems, but now the battery is dead.

The smoke was an orangey colour and had a funny smell.

Sorry for my basic description but any thought would be appreciated

Thanks

Eoin

Sounds like the charging circuit is Up In Smoke, you will need to take it to a reputable Laptop repair center or Buy a new laptop.

I would not continue to use it, it may be a fire hazard, burn the house down.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online