1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop sometimes not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rahima20, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahima20

rahima20 Thread Starter

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 which I had for about two years. My operating system is Windows Vista. For the last 7 months I had a pop up saying that my battery is coming to end of its life and I should order a new one. However, at this this point I carried on as normal and may laptop was working completely fine. However about a month ago my laptop just would not turn on even though it's plugged in and my charger has the blue light on. There is no sound, no light or anything, just does not turn on at all. Then after a week it suddenly did and it worked completely fine. When I tried to turn it on the following day it did not turn on. I then ordered a new Anker battery compatible with Dell Inspiron 1545 and my laptop worked completely fine for about one week. But now I am having the same problem when 50% of the time it would not turn on but the other 50% it does work. Also am not sure if I am being paranoid but when my laptop does turn on I feel as if my laptop is quite hot. In addition, whenever i use my laptop I always have it plugged in, i hardly use it as portable.

Thank you
    Much Appreciated

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would have to say either the a/c power cord is bad or theres some sort of a power supply problem somewhere.Or the new battery might not be the exact match for the computer.I wouldnt use it anymore until you are able to have it checked out because of it running hot which it shouldnt be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice