1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop stopped connecting to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by doug1234, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doug1234

doug1234 Thread Starter

Can't find solution, any help greatly appreciated. laptop : Toshiba L755 Win7 stopped connecting to internet 7-5-14. Diff laptop works from same router, no problems. Have tried just about everything I found regarding this, but nothing works.

Had an issue after AVG tuneup, which I'm not sure how it downloaded could not be removed. I started to delete small segments of it, See many people have this issue.

Drivers indicate they are running normally, and I'm worn out looking for more info.

Here is what internals show.

Thanks if someone has an idea.

Doug

Attached Files:

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    At the bottom of this page, in the last post is a link for a removal tool
    http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=239003
    Save it on a working computer, put it on a USB stick and run it on the Toshiba.

Reboot and see if you can connect to the internet. If not, I suspect when you started taking out bits and pieces, you removed something that was needed.

3. doug1234

doug1234 Thread Starter

Thanks Plodr for answering back... Apparently, I was able to remove the AVG tuneup, as it finally gave up showing, every time I did a search. After some time, I came across this ... Reset TCP/IP stack, which I did, and now am able to access the internet again. But..... now I get en error message ( Toshiba Eco Utility ) so I'm not done yet. Sometimes trying to diagnose computer problems, is like swimming in a rip current..... you keep at it, but it can be quite fatiguing. Do you know if the AVG always tells you the free program will expire in so many day? I have loaded it before, and it just does updates when needed, without the popup asking you to buy it.

4. doug1234

doug1234 Thread Starter

I notice the internet connection will disconnect if the laptop is left for a time, and I need to reconnect it. Not sure what is causing this.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If it is wireless the adapter could be shutting down to save power just like USB ports can do on laptops.

6. doug1234

doug1234 Thread Starter

It didn't do that before. Is there a way to check in the laptop to see whether a setting tells it to shut down? It's not an inconvenience, as it re connects quickly

Any suggestions regarding the error message for Toshiba eco utility

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1129300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice