Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop stuck in restart loop after updating Windows 10

Solved 
1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  DR.M 
#1 ·
Hello!

In March 2020, I brought an Acer Aspire 5, which runs the 64-bit version of Windows 10, to serve as my backup laptop. I used it a fair amount last year, but I had not touched it this year until a few weeks ago.

When I powered it on, it prompted me to install a long list of Windows updates, which I did. But once it finished, it could no longer detect my soundcard. I tried several recommended fixes I found online, including downloading the latest driver from Acer’s website. None of them worked, so I decided to do a full reset, removing everything, and reinstalling Windows 10 from the cloud.

However, something went wrong. Now when I power it on, it displays the Acer logo and briefly flashes a screen that reads: “Installing Windows 64% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times.” At that point, it restarts and becomes locked in an infinite loop. The only thing I can access on it is the BIOS/UEFI setting menu.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

#8 ·
I would try something else before suggesting the above.

If you have another computer to work and a USB drive, please do the following, to prepare a bootable media with Windows 10 in it.

1. Prepare a bootable USB drive with Windows 10

These links will guide you how to do it:

Create installation media for Windows
Download Windows 10

2. Make your computer boot from USB drive

You have to change boot order, so when the time comes, the computer will boot from the USB drive, installing Windows from scratch.

This link maybe helpful: How to Change Computer BIOS Settings

3. Repair PC

Start the computer, with the USB inserted in it. Choose Repair this PC when this option appears. Follow the instructions and check if the computer restarts normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.