Solved Laptop stuck in startup screen even after resetting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EJamesH

Problem Encountered:
I was experiencing driver errors, the laptop would suddenly freeze then restart by itself but it would happen randomly. Even if the CPU load was low, it would happen as well. I tried to use Driver Verifier Manager and restarted the laptop, it is now stuck on the Prepare Automatic Repair loop, I tried disabling Driver Verifier Manager in safe mode and disabling recoveryenabled No in cmd but still it was stuck so I had no choice but to then reset the laptop. But there are still errors that show up which can be seen in the pictures that are attached. I have reset the laptop and used the keep my files option but the laptop still does not start up, it’s stuck in a loading screen. My laptop is an Acer Predator Triton 300 please help.

Thank you very much.
12D6AF1E-214A-4093-9108-14EC95A82C45.jpeg1B42BFB7-DE2E-4351-96D1-F309E967017E.jpeg

blues_harp28

Hi, it's not looking good - if none of the options in Advanced Options are allowing a repair, etc - you may need to re-install Windows 10.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Download and run it > choose to create a bootable DVD or a bootable USB thumb drive.
Download the same version [Home or Professional] which was previously installed.
======
You should be able to save any needed files and data etc, from your hard drive by using something similar to this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-...-HD-HDD-Adapter-W-Power-18Mar27-/113966914602
Remove the hard drive from the laptop and connect to a working pc and you should see all of your data and files.

Unplug all devices except keyboard and mouse. Try and boot.
Can you boot to safe mode?

EJamesH

Hi, it's not looking good - if none of the options in Advanced Options are allowing a repair, etc - you may need to re-install Windows 10.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Download and run it > choose to create a bootable DVD or a bootable USB thumb drive.
Download the same version [Home or Professional] which was previously installed.
======
You should be able to save any needed files and data etc, from your hard drive by using something similar to this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-...-HD-HDD-Adapter-W-Power-18Mar27-/113966914602
Remove the hard drive from the laptop and connect to a working pc and you should see all of your data and files.
Noted thank you, I will try!

EJamesH

[/QUOTE]
Yes I can boot to Safe Mode as well, thank you for replying.

In safe mode Click on Start Type in Control Panel Enter
In Control Panel>System >Device Manager.
Do you see any devices with a Green question mark or a yellow symbol? If yes
Right click on Yellow symbol and Update Driver. If a green Question mark Click on arrow to show yellow symbol.
Did you install anything before this happened?
Do you know if you are running system restore?
Because you used system reset there may not be a restore point - can't hurt to look.
Control Panel>Recovery>Open System Restore.
Any restore points from before the trouble started?
Do you know if you are using Nvida drivers for your graphics?

Attachments

Last edited:

EJamesH

How did you do this?
I tried disabling Driver Verifier Manager in Safe Mode. Windows Key + R - Verifier - Delete Existing Settings - Restart.
I dont know how but the laptop is now working again and the reset didnt even occur? There are also updates for Adobe Flash and Windows 10 Version which wasnt there before the problem started.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online