Laptop suddenly switched off now won't start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roff25

Hi, I was surfing the net when suddenly my compaq laptop switched off. now it won't start. when it is plugged on the power light on the laptop comes on, sometimes the battery light is also shown when the power cable is connected. But it won't switch on, nothing will happen when the power button is pressed. Had it for about three years. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it was the PC I would normally open it up and look at it as I'm comfortable with them, but never opened the laptop. Thanks...

Is it possible to try another known good battery? Many laptops, if not all, need a battery hooked up to them even if you use a power cable with it. On the other hand you'd hate to go out and purchase a new battery and find that is not the problem. Batteries are expensive.

How old is the battery? Do you think it could be shot?

I just worked on Dell Lattitude that had this problem, oddly enough it was a memory issue. Try removing the memory from your laptop and check to see if it starts up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online