laptop suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scott0999

can someone suggest a good laptop with these specs?

1Ghz or more
512 RAM
30 GB HD
decent video card, like a radeon 7500
Built in 802.11g wireless

not looking to spend a real lot, like $350

thanks

That's a little tricky. At such a low price point, I would lean towards recommending you spend a little more. I know that sounds cynical but in all seriousness, you can get a pretty good deal on entry level laptops for around 500-600 if you search. For about $350, you'll only find used laptops, most likely on ebay which is a breeding ground for laptop scams and in the end, you'll have less than half the computing power you would if you spent $200 more.

I used to hunt for bargain laptops for customers and the reasons I just stated are why I stopped. Now, if a bare minimum cost is my custmers request, I'll do some searching from any number of online retailers (dell, geeks, newegg, etc) to local super stores (best buy, circuit city, etc) to see what's the cheapest thing going and as long as it's new and comes with a warranty, I just pass the info along.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online