1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop suggestions

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by scott0999, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott0999

scott0999 Thread Starter

can someone suggest a good laptop with these specs?

1Ghz or more
    512 RAM
    30 GB HD
    decent video card, like a radeon 7500
    Built in 802.11g wireless

not looking to spend a real lot, like $350

thanks

2. rolandk10

rolandk10

That's a little tricky. At such a low price point, I would lean towards recommending you spend a little more. I know that sounds cynical but in all seriousness, you can get a pretty good deal on entry level laptops for around 500-600 if you search. For about $350, you'll only find used laptops, most likely on ebay which is a breeding ground for laptop scams and in the end, you'll have less than half the computing power you would if you spent $200 more.

I used to hunt for bargain laptops for customers and the reasons I just stated are why I stopped. Now, if a bare minimum cost is my custmers request, I'll do some searching from any number of online retailers (dell, geeks, newegg, etc) to local super stores (best buy, circuit city, etc) to see what's the cheapest thing going and as long as it's new and comes with a warranty, I just pass the info along.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice