1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop switches off when I plug in AC adaptor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by linzismum5505, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linzismum5505

linzismum5505 Thread Starter

My laptop was running low on power this evening and when I plugged my AC adaptor into the socket the laptop switched off. I am able to switch it on OK just running on battery but as soon as I plug in the AC adaptor, it switches off. If I try to turn it back on with the AC adaptor plugged in, the power lights flicker as if it's trying to make a connection but it won't turn on. As soon as I remove the AC adaptor I can switch it on again. Problem is of course that now the battery is completely drained so I can't access the laptop at all!!
    The on off switch on the laptop definitely working long as AC adaptor isn't plugged in. It's as if the AC adaptor is switching the laptop off because as soon as I plug it in you can actually hear it clicking off. My laptop is an Evesham Explorer 2007 which I have for over a year now and have upgraded the RAM to 2GB some time ago.
    It usually runs very well and first time I've had any problems, All my coursework is on the laptop and I need to access it within the next week. I managed to save the most vital files to the family PC before the laptop ran out of power completely. Do I need a new AC adaptor? Help!!
    :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice