1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Tech needing Tech Manuals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 8Ball, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 8Ball

8Ball Thread Starter

Hello,

I am a Laptop Technician in Canada, and well to e honest I am really tired of junking so many motherboards because something has gone wrong on them. So I have decided to learn how to track down what on the board is blown, and replace it.

Can anyone you point me to where I can get board schematics and tech manuals for various laptops? And possible some sites with nicely documented details on the process of tracing down the short or whatnot?

Thank you,
    Randy

2. mobo

mobo

You should be able to get the manuals online at the manufacturers site.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Randy
    Most of the motherboard designs are proprietary and not available anywhere. The repair for field people is to replace the motherboard. Its cheaper (labor) just to replace the whole thing rather then troubleshooting to the failed part and finding/shipping/replacing the failed part. I wouldn't want to mess with the surface mount ICs on laptops anyway.

4. 8Ball

8Ball Thread Starter

The reason I wanted to be able to f ix the boards, is I also work on them in my spare time. I buy broken ones and fix them. And if I could spend 3 hours and fix a motherboard for a 2 dollar part, I would actually make more money.

As it stands now I make about 50-100 dollars per laptop I repair and sell. Ah well I can just keep at it the way I am doing it now :)

Anyone have some broken laptops to sell?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice