1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop to home stereo receiver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tpo9595, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpo9595

tpo9595 Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a way to connect my laptop to my home receiver to play my downloaded music?

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello tpo9595!

If I may suggest: I believe this question would get much better response in the Hardware Forum?

If you wish, you can clisk the report button at the top right of the post and request that it be moved.

3. plschwartz

plschwartz

Really depends so much on the two systems. But if you have an audio out or an earphone jack, this should be a stereo mini. Look at the back of your stereo and see if there are any empty input slots these (not phono, preferable AUX)will be the same as the jack on the laptop if cheap, but more likely will be devided into a left and right channel. You would then need a cable that will split the stereo into L and R channels Probably a slightly larger RCA jack. Look at the jacks on other inputs.
    Go to a Radio shack store or on-line and search for proper parts. Should be easy. When my big CD player broke I used that to hook up a portable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice