1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop to LED TV hookup with HDMI cable (Soun advice)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slickbone, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickbone

slickbone Thread Starter

Dear all that are reading,

I currently have a Sony Vaio laptop that has a HDMI output. I want to use a HDMI cable to connect my laptop up to a Samsung UE40B8000XW LED TV. The TV does have numerous HDMI inputs. (Please bare in mind I havent yet purchased the TV yet)

For sound I connect up my BOSE sound system using the 3mm stereo jack on the laptop.

Ok the situation is I still want to use the BOSE sound system when I connect up my laptop with the TV (Output cable from BOSE is only a 3mm stereo plug). The question is does the HDMI cable transfer sound to the TV and I will have to hook up the BOSE system to the TV or can I still hookup the BOSE system to the 3mm jack on the laptop and still get sound?

Any advice and help much appreciated.

Many thanks

Slickbone

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    HDMI does transfer audio if the laptop supports it, but you can still use the stereo jack for audio if you so wish - just mute the audio on the TV.

If the laptop automatically switches to audio through the HDMI then you can go to the Control Panel and switch it back to the normal sound card.

3. slickbone

slickbone Thread Starter

Thanks Triple6 for the prompt advice. Will let you know when I buy the TV how it all works out.

Many thanks!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice