Laptop to PC Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevb8ll

Ok I have a pc which connects to internet through network card + router.

My wife has got a new laptop through work, it has wireless capability. How can I connect it to my pc to connect to the internet - I want to use my pc as a server.

The router ISN'T wireless.

kevb8ll

Ok the router isn't wireless. Can I put a receiver of some sort into my wired router so that the laptop can connect with it and then set up my lan as you described above?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Why not just replace the wired router with a wireless model? They also have wired ports, it's the best of both worlds. Also, many deals exist on wireless routers, so they'll be cheaper than a wireless access point.

Start shopping here:

More Stuff 4 Less

Tech Bargains

Deal News

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online