1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop to TV issue

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dru2000D, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dru2000D

Dru2000D Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I bought a cable to connect my XP laptop to my TV, but I am having issues trying to egt it working properly.

I'm following all of the instructions but the only thing I can bring up is my desktop picture, no icons and no multimedia can be displayed. I think it has something to do with the resolution settings but I've tried all combinations but still cannot figure it out!!

Has anyone got any tips on how to resolve this please?

Many thanks

Paul

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

Currently, you are using both monitors, if you drag your mouse to one of the sides of the screen, it will go onto the TV.

1. Right-click on your desktop, click Properties, and go to the Settings tab.
    2. Select the TV from the drop-down box.
    3. Check, Use This Device As My Primary Monitor.
    4. Select your laptop monitor in the drop-down box and uncheck Extend My Windows Monitor Onto This Desktop.
    5. Click OK.

Now your laptop monitor should be blank and the TV should have your desktop on it.

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

Instead, if you would like to use both (as you are right now):

1. Right-click on your desktop, click Properties, and go to the Settings tab.
    2. In the diagram, drag the monitors until they are where they are in physically.

If you put the 2 monitor on the right of the 1 monitor, when you drag your mouse to the right edge of the 1 monitor, it will go to the left edge of the 1 monitor.

4. J Pushkar H

J Pushkar H

i am using my tv as monitor from day of my cpu purchase (4 jan 07) (No monitor since ) it is very easy on my jetway 6100 nvidia board with lg flatron 21" tv.
    My m board has svideo as well as 3 port video output as in AV cable requires black red green colored (don't know color codes )
    i connected black to my tvs video port & then took sound o/p from line out (green) of my mboard then connected same to audio port. thats it no any settings nothing . . . . it is some what difficult to read due pixel problems but zooming in opera or soft such as desktop zoom are sufficient for me.
    but some twiking in graphics adapctor options might solve pixel prob e.g. sharpness contrast . .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!