Laptop to TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghj2000

Hi
Im having trouble connecting my Acer 1694WLMi laptop with ATI Radeon X700 to my TV..
Trying to connect it by VGA-> DVI which my TV supports.. My problem is that it doesnt show anything on tv.. and when i do as manual says try to go into the screen menu and check off TV in "showing" i cant do anything.. its all grey and non clickable
Anyone able to help?

ghj2000

Dont think i have the latest driver for the graphic chip, but when i go to ATI and download it, it wont install because "i dont have the right driver installed for the hardware or operating system".. i have win xp pro Home edition and have tried to install that driver but still it says the same so i cannot install the driver.. anyone able to help?
thnx in advance :)

ghj2000

got the latest now.. and forced tv .. so now i can select 2 monitors.. but still it wont show..

On your TV there should be a way to switch between sources of input: cable, aux1, aux2, etc. See if that helps.

ghj2000

works now :D thnx for all the help.. just ditched the DVI transformer and ran it as VGA->PC-RGB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online