1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop totally messed up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adrianr2z, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adrianr2z

adrianr2z Thread Starter

Hey guys,

So a friend of mine had a this thoshiba laptop that wouldn't turn on and decided to give to me for free cause it was taking up space for him. I have used this laptop before and it is actually a very good laptop. Basically, he gave me the laptop telling me that one day when he went home and tried to turn it on, it would not turn on. He said ever since he has never touched it and it's been laying around him and he has had no use for it ever since because he got himself a new one. Now I'm wondering what I can do to fix it? I've tried couple troubleshooting steps (like taking battery out and trying to run on AC only) and doing the discharge of the extra electricity. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do before taking it to a local laptop repair shop. Thanks :)

Edit: he told me he left it on and went to school and when he can back, it was turned off. I'm thinking it is a over heating issue and would require a technician to replace it but not sure. Anyone confirm?

2. Hughv

Hughv

What happens when you press the power button?

3. adrianr2z

adrianr2z Thread Starter

Nothing happens. No sound of fans. No screen turns on. Nothing at all.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like you'll need a shop. There are far too many reasons why it wouldn't start, and aside from not having testing equipment, taking a laptop apart is pretty easy. Putting it together may not happen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043317