1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop touchpad mouse is not working properly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Skymx99, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skymx99

Skymx99 Thread Starter

I just reformatted the HDD on my girlfriends laptop and now the touchpad mouse is not working properly. The scroll wheel doesn't work and when scrolling down on a web page with the keyboard it goes step by step. Are their any settings that I need tochange to make it work right?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Some touchpads require specific drivers installed. Did you install these from the manufacturer? This is the integrated one on the laptop not add-in devices?

3. Skymx99

Skymx99 Thread Starter

Yes it is the integrated one that is below the keyboard. I installed all of the drivers that came on the disk with the computer.

4. Skymx99

Skymx99 Thread Starter

Ok thanks man... I went to HP's website (I wouldn't own an HP BTW ;)) and downloaded the touchpad driver. It works now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!