Laptop Touchpad sometimes doesn't click

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loveisblind

Hi. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J laptop. My laptop's touch pad mouse has been really buggy lately. Sometimes, the touchpad is working fine, but suddenly the touchpad wouldn't allow me to click with either the touchpad or the left clicker. Weirdly enough, even if this does happen, my right clicker on my touchpad usually works fine. It causes my scrolling to buggy sometimes too. I reinstalled my Synaptics driver for the touchpad and its still giving me the same troubles. My usb mouse works fine as far as I can tell. Is the problem most likely physical (ie. Do I have to physically clean out my laptop?).

Triple6

Rob
It probably is a damaged left click switch, and it could be something that has fallen in behind the button. To clean or replace it likely won't be easy, expect an hour or two of dis-assembly to be able to remove the touchpad and if its broken you may have to source a new one from somewhere to replace it. I'd probably recommend just using a mouse with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online