1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Trouble[not overheating]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by psynik, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psynik

psynik Thread Starter

As I posted above, I've been having a lot of difficulty fixing my laptop.
    The problem I'm having is that in random moments in time my laptop with decide to shut off on it own.
    This is not a overheating problem and the way I know so is because when I have a program such as Ableton Live running in the background, my laptop will not shut off whether I'm typing notes or playing games.
    What I've tried
    -I've swapped out the hard drive
    -Installed a fresh copy of windows 7
    -Changed the ram
    -nearly beaten my laptop to a pulp from over frustration.
    If no one can help with with a solution then I will have to send my laptop to ASUS and be without a laptop for a month maybe more and this thing is my life, so I'd prefer not to go without it.

I have an ASUS u56e-xr1
    -intel i3
    -8gb ram
    -600gb hd

Please help me with this, this is the first time I've come across an issue that I have been unable to solve[regarding computers] and its driving me crazy.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

My guess is the motherboard is faulty, and yes you'll have to send it to ASUS to get that fixed.

3. psynik

psynik Thread Starter

:( well I'll try a bios flash n see if that does anything. lol but thnx for reassuring that there's no hope....

4. Rosemary16

Rosemary16

I think that it's a power failure.

Is the battery charged or is the laptop plugged in?

If the laptop is plugged in, check to see if the cables are all plugged in.

If the battery is charged, check to see if the battery is low on juice.

5. psynik

psynik Thread Starter

Unfortunately no, it shuts down whether or not getting juice. I believe my only option is to send it back to asus. Thnx any way for the replies, the one good this problem brought me is ending up on this site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057586