Laptop turns off after a few minutes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muffintop

I gave my daughter a laptop that I had barely used. She's had it less than a year, but her kids are on it all the time. Now she tells me that when they turn it on, after a few minutes it powers off again. Does anyone know why it would do this? I don't think it's the battery because it's had less than a year of use. I don't much about computers, just average stuff to get me by. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

muffintop

Thanks, I'll do that when I see her later today. She did mention that it's getting quite hot.
Is that an easy fix?

hmmmm........ i think you dont want to take risk.....if the fan causing the problem get it to be replace by a tech (my suggestion)

check where the adapter plugs in the back if its loose when you wiggle it, its the dc jack pins have come loose from the motherboard this can be soldered and replaced by a certified computer tech.
please let me know if this helps thanks

muffintop

Thanks everyone for the reply. Actually, the problem has been resolved because someone stole the laptop!!! Jeez!!! Well, at least I'll have an idea of what the problem is if we start to have the same problems with the new one. Thanks for all your help. Oh, and whoever stole the laptop, I hope it costs them a fortune to repair it!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online