1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop turns off after a few minutes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muffintop, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muffintop

muffintop Thread Starter

I gave my daughter a laptop that I had barely used. She's had it less than a year, but her kids are on it all the time. Now she tells me that when they turn it on, after a few minutes it powers off again. Does anyone know why it would do this? I don't think it's the battery because it's had less than a year of use. I don't much about computers, just average stuff to get me by. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. techeoc

techeoc

Check the FAN running or not..

3. muffintop

muffintop Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll do that when I see her later today. She did mention that it's getting quite hot.
    Is that an easy fix?

4. techeoc

techeoc

hmmmm........ i think you dont want to take risk.....if the fan causing the problem get it to be replace by a tech (my suggestion)

5. countryboy30

countryboy30

check where the adapter plugs in the back if its loose when you wiggle it, its the dc jack pins have come loose from the motherboard this can be soldered and replaced by a certified computer tech.
    please let me know if this helps thanks

6. muffintop

muffintop Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the reply. Actually, the problem has been resolved because someone stole the laptop!!! Jeez!!! Well, at least I'll have an idea of what the problem is if we start to have the same problems with the new one. Thanks for all your help. Oh, and whoever stole the laptop, I hope it costs them a fortune to repair it!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice