1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Turns Off When Unplugged

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 8dalejr.fan, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan Thread Starter

My Acer Aspire V laptop (about a year old) reports to be 75% charged.

However, beginning today out of the blue, it will not boot up unless it is plugged in. When I get to Windows, it says "plugged in, not charging". Moreover, if I unplug the power cord, it will completely shut off.

What's going on?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Most likely the battery is dead and needs replaced.

However double check the physical contacts between the laptop and the battery, make sure they are clean.

3. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan Thread Starter

I don't know if the laptop battery can be easily replaced. There is no visible battery on the back of the computer, and when I insert a pen into the battery release hole on the back, nothing happens.

Model is Aspire V5-473p-5887.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    In that case it's likely going to be expensive to replace as its prolly a slim battery and likely covered by the external bottom

5. VershaMittal

VershaMittal

First Name:
    Versha
    this might be your battery issue. Also check the adapter and wire either it is broken or not. If the battery is showing charged and laptop shutdown quickly then this is battery fault.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1165744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice