1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop unable to start outside of safe mode!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brodieman, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brodieman

Brodieman Thread Starter

I have an HP laptop, and here are the specs I know:

HP G72 Notebook PC
    Intel Core i3 2.4 GHz processor
    4 GB ram
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS

Recently I was streaming a TV show off of sidereel.com and firefox froze. I switched to Internet explorer and began to watch again, but the computer began to make a "dinging" noise occasionally. I then ran a norton anti-virus sweep which turned up only a few cookies.

After this, I watched lectures from my school's class that I had downloaded, and during this time, the computer froze and became unresponsive. I turned it off manually, and it has not been able to restart in normal mode since then. Every time I try to login, after I put in my password, it goes to a blue screen and says "System_Service_Exception" and then it restarts itself.

Occasionally it doesn't even make it to the windows login, and freezes at the "HP" screen in the beginning of startup.

Around the same time that this problem manifested itself, there may have been a new Windows 7 update that my computer was running in the background on its own.

I think the problem may be more related to the windows update than to other issues, but I have tried going to a system restore point (coincidentally, the only point available might be a restore point created by the windows update). I have no other restore points available, but I am able to access my computer in safe mode.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

2. Brodieman

Brodieman Thread Starter

More info:

In safe mode, a screen recently popped up about the "unexpected shutdown" and it said there are files that help describe the problem which are as follows

c:\windows\minidump\012112-36067-01.dmp
    c:\users\myname\appdata\local\temp\WER-69763-0.sysdata.xml

I havent been able to do anything with this information but maybe it will help someone on here with a diagnosis of my issues.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice