1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop underpreforming?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrahamShade, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrahamShade

GrahamShade Thread Starter

Hello,

Currently, I've been playing a lot of games with a buddy of mine with our laptops, yet despite the fact that my laptop appears to have superior hardware, his graphics & game play are far clearer and smoother then mine.

My laptop: HP Pavilion dv2845se Laptop PC
    His laptop:
    (Sorry for the lack of details about his computer).

In addition, the games we've been playing include:
    - Battlefield 1942
    - Counter Strike & Condition Zero
    - Warcraft 3

I lag a fair amount on all three games, even with my settings always set to the lowest possible, while his graphics are much clearer and he doesn't lag
    at all.

Any information/tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    He's a got a much better video card then you do and it has all dedicated memory not shared TurboBoost. See here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=302086

It could also be a driver issue. Nvidia's had some trouble with their Vista drivers, and they've also had some trouble with their mobile chipsets.

You can try this driver, but you likely need the modded INF thats there as well to install the driver: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20455
    It should help at least a bit.

Also make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed and any and all other Windows Updates as well.

3. GrahamShade

GrahamShade Thread Starter

Thanks Triple for the suggestions & help.\
    Edit: Just upgraded the drivers, and it is MUCH faster!
    :D

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Great (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice