Laptop underpreforming?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GrahamShade

Hello,

Currently, I've been playing a lot of games with a buddy of mine with our laptops, yet despite the fact that my laptop appears to have superior hardware, his graphics & game play are far clearer and smoother then mine.

My laptop: HP Pavilion dv2845se Laptop PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium - 64-bit.
Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 TL-62 Processors (2.1GHz)
Memory:: 4030MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M (32MB/64MB/128MB Dedicated Memory, with 1068MB total memory.
His laptop:
Operating System: Windows XP.
Processor: Single AMD processor (1.6GHz)
Memory:: 1GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon Mobility X700
(Sorry for the lack of details about his computer).

In addition, the games we've been playing include:
- Battlefield 1942
- Counter Strike & Condition Zero
- Warcraft 3

I lag a fair amount on all three games, even with my settings always set to the lowest possible, while his graphics are much clearer and he doesn't lag
at all.

Any information/tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Triple6

Rob
He's a got a much better video card then you do and it has all dedicated memory not shared TurboBoost. See here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=302086

It could also be a driver issue. Nvidia's had some trouble with their Vista drivers, and they've also had some trouble with their mobile chipsets.

You can try this driver, but you likely need the modded INF thats there as well to install the driver: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20455
It should help at least a bit.

Also make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed and any and all other Windows Updates as well.

GrahamShade

Thanks Triple for the suggestions & help.\
Edit: Just upgraded the drivers, and it is MUCH faster!
:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online