1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop upgrade question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1911colt45, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1911colt45

1911colt45 Thread Starter

I have a dell B130 laptop with this processor in it (Intel 1.4Ghz Celeron M (SL86K) processor, 478-pin, 400mhz bus speed, 1mb cache ) and would like to know if I can upgrade it to something better? If you need other specs please let me know. Thanks

2. steven1350

steven1350

I doubt it. A Laptop CPU is pretty hard to find.....

Even so, why do you want to upgrade? I realize that the CPU is a tad slow, but odds are that if the CPU is slow, so is graphics, ram, etc.... Dont expect a higher clockspeed to work miricles for you

3. dannyn

dannyn

steven is correct. your whole laptop is slow enough to the point that a cpu upgrade probably wouldn't be that beneficial.. save your money

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Everyone is right as I believe the highest you can go is 2.0 P4 and that won't make that much difference as it will cost you too much. Build up the ram to the max which is probably a gb and you will see more and ram is cheap these days.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice