1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Upgrading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrman101, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrman101

mrman101 Thread Starter

When i went to a car boot sale i found a laptop for around £5 windows xp i think the perosn didnt know how to get passed the administrative password so was selling it cheap. I bough it and it works fine but a little slow so i thought about upgrading it and giving it to my mum. Its a
    Equium A60-155
    Part Number : PSA67E-00300C8J
    Key Features - Intel® Celeron® D processor 335
    - Windows® XP Home Edition
    - 40 GB Hard Disk Drive
    - 256 MB DDR RAM
    - 15.0 " TFT colour display
    - DVD-SuperMult

My mate said to upgrade the processor and ram and recommended this intel p4 prescott 3.4gh i would like to know if it is really compatable with the laptop also what ram should i use to upgrade it.

Thanks

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

The processor is not easily ( if at all ) upgradeble . . but memory is very erasy to upgrade.

You can go to wwww.crucial.com and run their configuration tool to find out what you have and what you can add

3. erick295

erick295

Laptops used to have soldered CPU's but that isn't really true anymore... you may be able to upgrade it but you'd have to use one the BIOS recognizes and it would have to run just as cool as the Celeron. Some time on Google would probably help you find a list of them. Frankly I would just leave it alone and upgrade the RAM, unless you really like tinkering with hardware... you have to take a lot apart to get to the CPU but then again for £5 it's not like you have much to loose if you break it :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002775