Laptop: Usb, Keyboard, Touchpad not functioning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sethiroth

This is for an Aspire 5100.

The computer logs on fine, but the user is unable to log in since none of the keys respond. The computer won't soft reset, and the mouse won't work either.At best , sometimes Fn+F6 allows for the screen to be shut off.

Any help? There is alot of school work on this particular machine.

Hi there

Same happened with my laptop. Get the battery out of the laptop and then put it in again and see if it works. Did u try Safe Mode?

Sethiroth

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying unsuccessfully with the Hard Power Reset , taking the battery out, holding the power button , etc. Still nothing. I'll keep trying to access safe mode, but at the moment, no buttons are responding when powering/logging on.

Sethiroth

is this in the system bios? I can use this machine with a different HD installed, so maybe that can lead to a solution?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online