1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Water Damage Power Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brandonbco, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonbco

brandonbco Thread Starter

Hello all,

Really frustrated here, hopefully someone can help me out. I am working on a laptop that was damaged with a big glass of water. Luckily, the laptop was off when the water was spilled, but was turned on about 8 hours later. The laptop had some serious problems, but after a little cleaning, it turns on. Here is my problem.

The AC adapter has a solid green light.
    The AC adapter keeps the machine running.
    The machine will also run off of the battery by itself.
    The AC adapter won't charge the battery.

Also, the laptop won't "recognize" the AC adapter. The screen gets brighter when I plug in the cord like it supposed to, and the laptop runs off the AC, but the power light on the laptop is not lit up. Windows says that the laptop is running of battery. When plugged in, it says there is 3456 hours of time left (Basically infinite), but when I unplug, it says 50 minutes or whatever is left on the battery.

What could be going on?

2. brandonbco

brandonbco Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/625890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice