1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop water damage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DunnRic, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DunnRic

DunnRic Thread Starter

I poured water on my laptop while it was on. Then it turned off. I let it dry for several days. I tried again a few times and sometimes the screen turns on and it goes up to the log in screen. Then the screen turns off, but not the computer. I tried connecting a HDMI cable to rule out whether or not its just the screen that is broken, but nothing happens.

What's wrong with it? Is it completely ruined?

It took off the ram a couple of times and put it back. That seemed to get the screen to turn on once a little.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Why please would you pour water on it
    Spill liquid on it yes - by accident, but as I asked why ever would you pour water on a laptop

3. DunnRic

DunnRic Thread Starter

It was an accident. Sorry, I should of wrote that I spilled it.

4. DunnRic

DunnRic Thread Starter

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I would think there is every chance
    Take out battery if possible
    The only home solution is to place the laptop on absorbent material in a warm environment such as an airing cupboard if you have one, or near to a central heating radiator and in such a position that any remaining water can drain and the dampness dry out. Using a hair dryer on gentle heat blow around the circuitry and apertures to can get to

Personally as I said I think it is a lost cause

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice