Laptop water damage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DunnRic

I poured water on my laptop while it was on. Then it turned off. I let it dry for several days. I tried again a few times and sometimes the screen turns on and it goes up to the log in screen. Then the screen turns off, but not the computer. I tried connecting a HDMI cable to rule out whether or not its just the screen that is broken, but nothing happens.

What's wrong with it? Is it completely ruined?

It took off the ram a couple of times and put it back. That seemed to get the screen to turn on once a little.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Why please would you pour water on it
Spill liquid on it yes - by accident, but as I asked why ever would you pour water on a laptop

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would think there is every chance
Take out battery if possible
The only home solution is to place the laptop on absorbent material in a warm environment such as an airing cupboard if you have one, or near to a central heating radiator and in such a position that any remaining water can drain and the dampness dry out. Using a hair dryer on gentle heat blow around the circuitry and apertures to can get to

Personally as I said I think it is a lost cause

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts