1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop water spill

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Emmahhcee, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Emmahhcee

Emmahhcee Thread Starter

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure what section to put it in.
    I've just recently spilled water on my laptop keyboard. It wasn't a lot and I instantly got paper towels to help clear it up after I quickly turned the power off.
    I made sure to keep cleaning with the towel and pressing on the keys gently to put more water out for it to be absorbed.
    It's turned on fine, and so far I've not noticed any keyboard issues.
    Will my laptop be fine, or should I do something else just to make sure?
    The water mostly spilled on part of the speaker, the power button, and a few of the keys. There's no water anymore and everything feels dry, and like I said it was a small amount of water.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    If it was mine I would turn it off, remove the battery and keyboard and leave it upside down in a warm place for a few days to make sure it's dry inside as well as out.

EDIT : what make and model laptop is it ?

3. Emmahhcee

Emmahhcee Thread Starter

How would I remove the keyboard? It's built in to the laptop. I'm not sure exactly on the laptop model, but I know it's a Toshiba laptop.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    It's not essential to remove the keyboard, leaving it upside down should be enough.

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Airing cupboard or above, but not directly on, a radiator.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice